How to Get Water Out of Your Phone Speaker? (DIY Solutions)

In case you accidentally get water in your phone speaker, it’s important to act quickly to prevent any damage to your phone’s internal components. There are several methods you can use to remove the water, including using a vacuum cleaner, rice or silica gel, a hair dryer, or even disassembling your phone. 

If none of these methods work or if you’re not comfortable doing them yourself, you can take your phone to a repair store for professional assistance.

Let’s discuss them one by one!

Turn Off Your Phone Immediately

Turn Off Your Phone Immediately

The first and most crucial step when you get water in your phone speaker is to turn off your phone immediately. Water can cause electrical shorts, which can damage your phone’s internal components, including the speaker. 

Turning off your phone can prevent any further damage from occurring. If possible, remove the battery as well. If your phone doesn’t have a removable battery, make sure it is turned off completely.

Use a Vacuum Cleaner

Use a Vacuum Cleaner

One of the most effective ways to get water out of your phone speaker is by using a vacuum cleaner. Place the vacuum cleaner nozzle near the speaker and turn it on. The vacuum cleaner’s powerful suction has the potential to assist in extracting water from the speaker.

However, be careful not to get the nozzle too close to the speaker, as this could cause damage to your phone’s components.

Use Rice or Silica Gel

Use Rice or Silica Gel

Another popular method to get water out of your phone speaker is by using rice or silica gel. Both of these materials can absorb moisture and help dry out your phone. Place your phone in a container filled with rice or silica gel and let it sit for at least 24 hours. 

The better the results will be for your phone, the longer you leave it in the container. If you want the best results, you should make sure that your phone is completely encased in rice or silica gel.

Use a Hair Dryer

Use a Hair Dryer

A hairdryer can also be an effective tool to get water out of your phone speaker. Set the hair dryer to a low or cool setting and hold it a few inches away from the speaker. 

Gently move the hair dryer back and forth to dry out the speaker. However, do not use a high heat setting, as this can damage your phone’s components.

Disassemble Your Phone

Disassemble Your Phone

If the above methods don’t work, you may need to disassemble your phone to remove water from its internal components. However, before doing so, make sure you have the necessary tools and skills to disassemble your phone without causing any damage. 

After disassembling your phone, wipe it down with a dry cloth to remove any moisture. Be sure to pay special attention to the speaker and microphone areas.

Take Your Phone to a Repair Store

If you’re not confident in disassembling your phone or the above methods don’t work, take your phone to a repair store. They know how to fix the problem and have the tools and skills. In some cases, they may need to replace the speaker or other components to get your phone working properly again.

Other Tips To Prevent Water from Entering In Your Phone

For iPhones

Firstly, it’s important to note that water damage can cause significant harm to your iPhone. Even if your phone appears to be working fine after getting wet, there could be damage to internal components that may eventually cause problems.

To determine whether your iPhone has been exposed to water, Apple has included a water damage indicator located in the headphone jack. This indicator is typically white but will turn red when it comes into contact with water or other liquids.

If you discover that the water damage indicator on your iPhone has turned red, it’s important to take action quickly. Continuing to use your phone could cause further damage and make repairs more difficult or costly.

Instead, it would help if you took your iPhone to an Apple store or an authorized repair center as soon as possible. They will be able to figure out how bad the damage is and tell you what needs to be fixed.

For Android

If you have an Android phone with a removable battery and it gets exposed to water or any other liquid, the first thing you should do is to turn off your phone and immediately remove the battery. This will prevent the liquid from short-circuiting the internal components of your phone.

After you take the battery out, dry it with a soft cloth or paper towel. Make sure you don’t scratch or hurt the battery as you do this.

Next, try to dry as much as you can of the rest of the phone. Use a soft cloth or paper towel to gently wipe away any water or moisture that can be seen on the outside of the phone.

If your phone has a removable back cover, take it off and remove the SIM card and microSD card if they are present. Wipe them dry and set them aside to dry further.

Parag Banerjee
Parag Banerjee

Parag Banerjee is an experienced Search Engine Optimizer. He has a wide knowledge of Google Updates, Analytics, and many others. He studied Computer Application from Techno India.

Articles: 273