This guide explains in detail how to connect an LG television to a Bluetooth speaker. It includes tips on checking your TV’s compatibility, purchasing a compatible Bluetooth speaker, and turning on Bluetooth and discovery mode on both devices. By following these simple steps, you can enjoy high-quality audio while watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
Before I begin, there are a few things that I want to make sure you are aware of. First, your LG TV needs to have Bluetooth capabilities. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to connect to a Bluetooth speaker. Second, you’ll need a Bluetooth speaker that’s compatible with your LG TV.
The following steps will walk you through pairing your LG TV with a Bluetooth speaker:
In This Article:
Check Your TV Compatibility
The first step to connecting LG TV to Bluetooth Speaker is to determine if your TV is compatible with Bluetooth. Not all LG TVs have Bluetooth capabilities, so it’s important to check the user manual or specifications of your TV model. You can usually find this information on the LG website or in the product documentation that came with your TV.
If your TV does support Bluetooth connectivity, you can proceed with pairing your Bluetooth speakers. However, if your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth, you will need to consider alternative options, such as connecting your speakers using an auxiliary cable or using a Bluetooth transmitter that can connect to your TV’s audio output.
Buy A Compatible Bluetooth Speaker
If your LG TV is compatible with Bluetooth speakers, the next step is to buy a compatible speaker. You can find a wide range of Bluetooth speakers on the market, so make sure to choose one that works with your TV.
When purchasing a Bluetooth speaker, ensure that it is compatible with your LG TV. Compatibility is typically dependent on the TV’s Bluetooth version and profile.
Turn On Your Lg Tv
Once you have a compatible Bluetooth speaker, the next step is to turn on your LG TV. Make sure it’s connected to a power source and turned on.
Turn On Bluetooth
Turn On Bluetooth on LG TV
- Press the LG TV remote’s home button.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to “All Settings” and select it.
- Select “Audio” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Audio Out” from the available options.
- Ensure that the “LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth” option is selected.
Turn On Bluetooth on the Bluetooth Speaker
- Examine the speaker carefully. There would be a Bluetooth button somewhere.
- Most speakers have a Bluetooth button somewhere near the power button.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker until it starts blinking.
Turn On Discovery Mode
Next, you’ll need to put your Bluetooth speaker into discovery mode. To do this, refer to the speaker’s user manual. Usually, this involves pressing and holding a button until the speaker’s LED light flashes.
Wait For The Notification To Connect
Once your speaker is in discovery mode, your LG TV should detect it and display a notification on the screen. Wait for this notification to appear before proceeding.
Select the Bluetooth speaker connection option when the notification appears. To successfully complete the pairing process, you will need to follow the instructions that appear on-screen.
Enjoy The Music
Congratulations, you’ve successfully connected your LG TV to a Bluetooth speaker. You can now enjoy high-quality audio while watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
Can’t Connect Bluetooth Speakers To Lg Smart Tv
There are a few things you can try if you can’t get your Bluetooth speaker to pair with your LG TV.
- Turn on your LG television and place the Bluetooth speaker close by.
- Restart both devices and try again.
- Check that your LG TV and Bluetooth speaker are compatible.
- Make sure that the software on your LG TV has been updated to the most recent version.
Bluetooth Speakers Not Showing In Bluetooth List Or Not Discoverable
If your Bluetooth speaker isn’t showing up in the list of available devices, or if it’s not discoverable, here are some things you can try:
- Ensure that your Bluetooth speaker is both active and set to discovery mode before continuing.
- Bring the Bluetooth speaker closer to the LG television.
- Reboot both the LG TV and Bluetooth speaker.
- Check to see if the LG TV you’re using supports the Bluetooth speaker you’re using.
Can’t Hear Sound From Bluetooth Speakers On Lg Smart Tv
If you’ve successfully connected your Bluetooth speaker to your LG TV but can’t hear any sound, here are a few things you can try:
- Make sure the volume on your LG TV and Bluetooth speaker is turned up.
- Check that your Bluetooth speaker is set as the default audio output device.
- Try pairing and pairing again with your Bluetooth speaker.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth speaker is compatible with your LG television.