To connect R1280DB to a PC, you need to first unplug all the cables from the power outlet and turn off the computer.
Locate the audio output port of your PC and connect the speaker wire or RCA output. The other end of the cable should be connected to the speaker.
Now, connect the power cable of the speaker to the power cord.
Plugin the cables of the computer to the power outlet and turn on the computer. Find the Control Panel and adjust the volume and sound settings. Turn on the speaker and adjust the volume knob. Verify whether the connection is stable by playing any audio file.
Other than that, there is also an alternative way to connect the speaker to the work PC. You can try using a speaker wire or Bluetooth, or a coaxial cable to connect the R1280DB speaker to a PC.
Let’s walk you through the steps in detail on how to connect the speaker to your PC.
In This Article:
2 Methods to Connect R1280DB Speaker to a PC
Before you start, you must remember to find the right configuration of the PC so that it is compatible with the speaker.
1. Connect R1280DB using a wire
You need to connect the active speaker and the passive speaker using the connecting cable wire.
To proceed –
- Power off the PC and connect one end of the wire to the PC, and the other end must be connected to the R1290DB speaker.
- Plug the speaker cable into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Turn on the PC and allow it to detect the new device.
- Go to any audio file and play it to confirm the connection.
2. Connect the R1280DB speaker using the Bluetooth feature
Turn on the speaker and switch on the Bluetooth mode. You can find the Bluetooth button on the remote part of the speaker.
Otherwise, you can also try to push the Volume adjustment button of the active speaker and wait till the light indicator turns blue.
Now, go to your PC, turn on the Bluetooth search, and select the speaker model from the list.
Click on the Connect button to pair both devices.
Now, adjust the volume based on your convenience and start playing any audio.
What to do if the PC is unable to detect the R1290DB speaker?
If the PC is unable to detect the R1290DB speaker, then you need to configure the Bluetooth connection.
To proceed –
- Turn on your PC and go to the Control Panel. Look for the Bluetooth option using the search bar.
- Now, change the Settings. Click on Bluetooth and choose the Enable Bluetooth option.
- You will find a list of discoverable devices that are present around you.
- Select the name of the device (your R1290DB speaker) and click on it.
- Select the Connect button, and your PC will connect to the speaker.
- Finally, you can play any audio file or start streaming through online audio services.
Can you connect the R1290DB speaker to PC using Optical Fiber Cable?
Yes. If you are trying to connect your R1290DB speaker using an optical fiber cable, then ensure you plugin the red cable into the red port and the white one into the white port. Next, follow the steps mentioned above in method 1.
Is the R1290DB speaker both wired and wireless?
Yes, you can enjoy both wired and wireless connections while using the speaker. You can stream flawless audio using the R1290DB speaker. It also features optical, stereo RCA input, digital coaxial, and Bluetooth connection.
Can you change the audio input source of the R1290DB speaker?
Yes, you can change the source of the input device anytime for the R1290DB speaker. Other than a PC, you can also use your mobile phone or tablet to connect with the speaker.
Do you need an external amplifier for the R1290DB speaker?
No. The is an active speaker, so you do not need any external amplifier while you are connecting it to the input audio source.
How to get Bluetooth on a PC?
If your PC does not have Bluetooth, then you need to install the Bluetooth driver. Go to Start > Setting > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Add Bluetooth or other devices. Wait till the installation is complete. Now, when a list of devices appears on the screen, you need to select the R1290DB speaker and follow the screen prompts.