The PlayStation 5 lacks direct support for Bluetooth speakers and headsets just like PS4. To connect a speaker to the PS5, use a Bluetooth USB or Type-C adapter.
Another option is connecting speakers to the controller with a 3.5mm audio cable.
For speakers with an HDMI port, use an HDMI cable to link them to the PS5.
However, as simple as it looks, the task can easily get complicated if you don’t know the correct steps.
So, keep reading this article to learn everything about how to connect a speaker to a PS5.
In This Article:
How To Connect A Speaker To A PS5?
It is effortless to connect a speaker to a PS5 if you know the correct steps. However, the steps depend on whether your speaker supports Bluetooth connectivity or only allows cable connection. But I am here to help you.
I have mentioned the steps to connect a speaker to a PS5 using both a cable and Bluetooth adapter.
Connect Using A 3.5 mm Cable
While the latest speakers allow Bluetooth connectivity, if you are using an older version, you can use a 3.5 mm cable to connect the speaker to your PS5. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first step is to get a 3.5 mm Cable. After you acquire the cable, connect one end to the audio port of your monitor.
- Then connect the other end of the 3.5 mm cable to your PS5.
- You will also need an HDMI cable. Connect your PS5 and monitor with the HDMI cable.
- Now, get your PS5 controller. And then, press the PS button on the controller. The Quick menu will pop up on the screen.
- Scroll down the Quick menu. While scrolling, you will find the Sound option in the menu. Click on it.
- Finally, find the Output device option in the new tab that appears on the screen. Select your monitor there. Your speakers should start working after this step.
Connect Using A Bluetooth Adapter
If you have a new speaker, it most likely allows Bluetooth connectivity. So, follow these simple steps to the speaker to your PS5 wirelessly.
- Firstly, you would need a Bluetooth adapter. Plug the adapter into a USB port on the monitor or the TV that is connected to your PS5.
- Now, turn on the PS5. You can turn on the PS5 by pressing the PS5’s power button.
- Next, switch on your Bluetooth speaker. Also, make sure that your speaker is in pairing mode. It allows the speaker to connect with other devices.
- Now, find the “Connect button” on the Bluetooth adapter. Once you find it, press and hold it until a blue light pops up. Your PS5 and Bluetooth speaker should connect automatically after this step.
How To Connect Soundbar To PS5?
Soundbar is a rectangular device that contains multiple speakers. And if you are using one, you might face difficulty connecting it to your PS5. But there is nothing to worry about. You can easily perform the tedious process by following the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, get the power cord of the soundbar. And once you get the power cord, plug it into an electric socket.
- Now, get an HDMI wire. There will be an HDMI port on the soundbar. Connect one end of the HDMI wire to the port and connect the other end of the wire to the PS5.
- Next, switch on the Soundbar. You can switch on the Soundbar with its remote controller or by pressing the power button on the Soundbar.
- Also, switch on your PS5. You can easily switch on the PS5 by pressing the PS button on your DualSense controller.
- Next, open the main menu. You can open the menu by pressing the Home button on your PS5.
- Now, go to the Settings tab and select the Sound and Screen option.
- Find the Sound Output tab. And once you find the tab, select the Optical Audio option. A new tab will appear on the screen.
- Lastly, choose your Soundbar in the Audio output device section in the tab. Click Ok to complete the task. The Soundbar should be connected to your PS5 after this step.
Does the PS5 have an optical audio port?
No, the PS5 doesn’t have an optical audio port. However, you can use the optical port of your monitor or TV that is connected to your PS5.
Are there built-in speakers in PS5?
No, there are no built-in speakers in PS5s. While your PS5 controller has a built-in speaker and microphone, you must use separate speakers if you want proper audio.
How do I connect my Bluetooth speaker to my PS5?
There is no direct way to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your PS5. However, you can use a Bluetooth adapter to establish a connection between the two devices.