As the number of IoT devices increases, the demand for data connection and connectivity has also increased. With the proliferation of smart devices, smart homes, and smart cities, we see a growing demand for connectivity, which in turn leads to a rise in data usage. With so many devices running on mobile data, the network becomes congested.
If you have two Mi smart speakers connected to your home network, you might ask yourself why you can’t access them both at the same time.
The reason is that they don’t have a single IP address, and therefore are not reachable at the same time. This will not be a problem when you are only using one speaker, but you will surely run into trouble if you want to use both speakers simultaneously.
In this article, we explain how to set up the Mi smart speaker to act like a dual-user device on your home network.
What is the Mi Speaker?
The Mi smart speaker is a device that connects to your home network to provide a variety of services, including a digital voice assistant, music playback, and more. The Mi speaker is a wireless device, so you don’t need to worry about a cable or any other physical connection.
How to connect two Mi smart speakers to the same WiFi?
You can connect two Mi smart speakers to the same WiFi. They have different SSIDs and can work at the same time without interfering with each other.
- To connect two of your Mi speakers to the same WiFi, you need to follow the steps below:
- Turn on your speaker, and tap the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Settings” and tap on “Network & Internet” -> “WiFi”.
- Tap and hold the network you’re connected to, then tap on “Forget”.
- Then tap Network. On the WiFi page, tap Add Network followed by the name of your home WiFi network.
- Make sure both Mi smart speakers are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Long press the play/pause button on the first speaker until you hear a beep.
- Go to the first speaker and open the MiHome App for both deceive.
- Check if they are connected or not?
What are the problems that you might face while connecting two Mi smart speakers to the same wifi?
There are a few problems that you might face while connecting two Mi smart speakers to the same wifi. For example, if you try to connect the two speakers to the same wifi network, the device will not be able to connect to the network. In order to fix this issue, you have to turn off the wifi and then turn it on again. Moreover,
- Ensure that the speakers are updated to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that the speakers are within range of the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that both devices are set to the same Wi-Fi network and not ‘forget’ the network in between.
- Ensure that you’re opening the correct Mi Home app.
If you have two Mi speakers and want to connect them to the same wifi, here are some tips. These are tested on the Mi smart speaker 2 and Mi smart speaker 2A.
Step 1: Change the SSID name of your router.
Step 2: Set the SSID name to something unique.
Step 3: If you are using the same Mi account, then all you need to do is change the password or modify the network name.
Step 4: If you are using a different Mi Account, then you need to activate the same account on both devices.
In this article, we have explained how to connect two Mi smart speakers to the same WiFi network. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading!